It is time for a Pool Resurfacing
Swimming pools are a forgettable luxury even in Orlando. When not properly cared for or the natural process of Wear & Tear occurs the finish eventually starts to look cosmetically unbearable. When this stage occurs a swimming pool resurfacing is necessary and all homeowners should steer away from individuals or non-licensed pool companies offering to paint your pool for a couple hundred dollars. Why? Concrete pools are not meant to be painted, and the paint will flake off . Once the interior surface is painted, the surface will have to be sand blasted prior to resurfacing the pool with a proper cement based finish. Thus increasing your project cost by $1250-$2000+ depending on the size and condition of your swimming pool.
Consider these important factors prior to committing to a pool resurfacing company.
Few Factors to Consider
– Swimming pool contractor must have a valid
state license and not an, “occupational license”
Using a unlicensed contractor will void your
5-10 year manufactures warranty on your pool
finish against failure.
– The pool resurfacing contractors reputation in the industry.
Examples are positive/negative Online Reviews
or Presence?, customer references, and are they BBB Accredited ?
– The contractors response time is very important,
slow to call you back will likely end in slow to finish the job.
– The contractors communication skills and attitude, it is difficult to deal with someone who barely knows how to communicate
and doesn’t have their temper in check.
– Product knowledge and the contractors ability to educate you on the step-by-step finishing process and the pros and cons of various types of finishes.
– Finish options. It’s better to have more options if the contractor only shows you one or two samples that’s a RED FLAG. That would typically indicate limited experience installing various finishes.
– Completed project photos. We humans love the idea of Show don’t Tell.
– Comfortably with the contractor. You know the saying follow your instincts. Go with a contractor who you feel comfortable with and don’t make your decision based on PRICE. Remember you get what you pay for.
We hope this brief write-up was of some help. We know it doesn’t help answer every question or concern you may have however it does address some of the important factors.
Thank you for reading!